Friday, November 14, 2008

Still Standing

I woke up this morning to find that the garage made it through the night and the blustery weather. I almost got a roof on before the first snow, but there is a nice coat of the white stuff on the roof. That should make working inside to get the garage door installed a bit of a drip.

Walking the structure with the inspector went about as I expected . . . "yup, that's a garage" . . . I was joking that the box of nails had 4,000 nails in it and that I had no other use for them so I think he assumed that the sheathing had all 4,000 nails shot in, not quite, but close. Again, the next inspections to come will be roofing and then final once everything is done. This brings up the question of paint and whether or not the siding has to be painted to call for final inspection. I'm hoping no, because painting in cold weather guarantees a mediocre finish that is liable to peel off.

I need to get in touch with my electrician and get planning for that part of the job. Having a garage door opener without power to it will get old in a hurry. Although at this point, I can't even drive into the garage, the reasons are many but soon to be remedied.

No comments: