Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nice Going

See, I told you we should have voted for that old guy and the high school cheerleader. Look what the other guy did on day one:


I am kidding, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who will put one and one together to come up with thirteen and make the most of conspiracy theory opportunities. There is plenty of written/spoken word out there by now about the future for our future president so I'll spare you. Ultimately, only time will tell where we are headed.

In other exciting news, the garage project moves forward! The lumber order is in and scheduled for a Friday delivery. Some sort of construction crew has been assembled, hopefully we'll be able to build some walls, hoist the trusses up to the roof and get everything sheeted with plywood before the end of the weekend. Such an ambitious schedule would have me parking in the garage well before the end of the year.

I am doing some window shopping to select the two windows on the house side of the garage. I have my doors (garage and man door) picked out and it will be all ready for install when the time comes. I need to finalize the roofing numbers and get some shingles picked out. The roof will provide some good screening from the alley and Broadway, so as long as I don't end up with a salmon colored roof it will be a visual improvement. Final selection for the project will be what color to paint the walls and trim. I am leaning towards a medium grey on the walls and white for the trim. There will be pictures soon . . .

No comments: