Thursday, July 16, 2009

Boulder TT

I ended up heading to Boulder last night to do the Wednesday TT for a change of pace. After my Tuesday workout on the TT bike in the hills, I had no idea how my legs would feel at full speed. They felt ok I suppose. I forgot how nasty the first few steps are of the climb back towards town, but I did a pretty good job of keeping my cadence nice and high to keep the legs from loading up. Somewhere after the halfway point, I let my focus drift from the effort to the clown drafting off of me. Nice work on the individual time trial effort there chooch. I have no idea what my times have been in the past, but given the high level of variability when it comes to wind conditions, it is probably irrelevant. It was good to get the effort in and even better jumping in the pool at Chuck's house after. I might just have to do it again next week.

I took advantage of my recent discovery in the work neighborhood finally. At lunch time, I rolled over to the bakery outlet over on 39th and Dahlia. It turns out to be two bakeries under one roof. One focuses on artisan breads, baked the old fashioned way and sold for a lot of money at places like Whole Foods and the like, for $5 a loaf. The other bakery supplies bars, restaurants, and other food establishment type places with hoagie rolls, sourdough bread bowls, and the like. Turns out they sell their day olds for $1 a loaf and with the artisan type breads, a quick turn in the oven at 350 make them spring back to life. At that price, I figured why not give it a shot, so I have a Ciabatta to try as well as a loaf of German Rye and a Cinnamon Raisin, although I'm pretty sure mine is better, it never hurts to have a loaf in the freezer for snackin. It also doesn't hurt to let somebody else heat up their place, rather than get my oven cranking during the middle of the summer, in my mostly non air-conditioned house.

No comments: