Friday, July 31, 2009

Slackin'

I hate it when people ask me to work during the day, it really gets in the way of my bloggin' time, lunch time, personal meditation time, and even napping time. I've been bouncing between commercial and residential jobs at work, at least I get to learn new things and stay out of trouble for now.

Since the weather has changed from summer to autumn in the Pacific Northwest, I feel like I haven't been for a ride outside in ages, although I did ride to work for sanity sake on Tuesday without getting rained on much. It has been somewhat of a rest week in any case with Salida coming up this weekend. The TT there should be good for prep for Worlds, even though it is only 8 miles. The competition is usually pretty stout and the course requires a moment's though about gauging the effort. I'll be flying solo since Zac is racing in Chicago, Zak has family in town, Chuck has or is adding to his family any day now, and Brian is going to Niagara Falls to attempt going over the falls in a barrel.

In one of the brief sunshiny moments this week, I took a picture of the house for the before half of the before and after. I'm finally getting the exterior painted after thinking about it for the last five years. The color should be a drastic change, from white to . . . . wait for it . . . off-white. If I never do a bit of exterior painting again in my life, I can die a happy man. It is a time consuming, hideous task, especially if there is significant prep involved. Marty with Trim Master Painting does good work and he's one of the few honest contractors out there in a shady, shady industry.


I started to set the floor in the espresso room. It is one of the easiest installs I have come across when it comes to flooring material, just a hair more complicated than throwing down an area rug.


When I get back to town after this weekend, I'll start pondering finishing off the room . . . as always, one piece at a time between working, riding, and whatever else it is that I do with my time.

No comments: