Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too Hot

It wasn't very long ago that I was complaining about lingering winter weather and looking forward to the heat of summer. I'll take the cooler weather again any day now. I got out for a couple hours yesterday and thought as I was leaving the house that it wasn't so bad, but the heat wore on me pretty quickly and I found myself constantly thirsty, go figure.

Riding around in the heat and relatively humid condition, for Colorado at least, will be good practice for the trip to Kansas. I looked at the forecast there and it reminded me of what I grew up with as I saw percentages much higher than I have seen in a long time when it comes to humidity. It's a good thing our races start late in the day. I will need most of the day to sit around doing nothing but consuming liquids.

Today's ride is going to be a noodling ride through the southern suburbs of Denver. I think Joey and I are going to hit Englewood, Cherry Hills Village, and Littleton on the way down towards Chatfield. We may or may not go over Deer Creek at a slow pace before turning towards home. Today is the last of the super easy days before opening it back up before the Tour of Lawrence weekend. I'll make the most of it, it isn't often that I'm told to go ride slowly.

No comments: