Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Goodies

I love hearing the words "we have some stuff that just came in" from the team. Phillips passed along a couple tasty treats yesterday. Thanks to Jason and the folk at Crank Brothers I will be sporting some new Eggbeaters, the four-ti variety weighing in at 167g per pair. These bad boys will be going on the time trial bike for now. The packing for these pedals is straight out of the Apple book of merchandising, pretty slick.


The kind people at Highway Two (Fi'zi:k, Continental, etc.) sent along the Arione saddle and matching bar tape shown below. Kathy and everybody I have talked to at Highway Two have been extremely helpful so far this season. Placing team orders has been a breeze and Kathy has been nothing but cheerful in putting up with my nonsense, so yet again, thank you for your help keeping us all on the road, well equipped. I'll get those on the bike and post some pictures as soon as possible.


So far this season, I have been sporting the stealthy grey, black, and carbon theme on the bike, but I think this new color combo will complement the new kits nicely.

With the Colorado State Time Trial Championships coming up on Saturday, I have a pretty light week on the bike this week. Given the forecast, some of the short intensity efforts will likely occur in the basement. I'm not sure which is more boring, the State TT course or the basement . . . at least the basement has TV. The start list has some pretty significant talent on it. Besides the usual suspects, there are a few guys racing on one day licenses who have the ability to haul the mail. For example, google Ben Day's results and credentials as a time trialist.

No comments: