Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stormy Weather

I seem to complain quite a bit these days when it comes to the afternoon weather and riding. Tuesday, I got blasted by whatever sand, gravel, small animals the wind could blow my way and then the rain started to fall. I remember it being perfectly lovely all day while I was at work, until it was time to go home. It might be time for a schedule adjustment. I doubt I can pull the creatures of the night routine that Kevin and Nico have going, but if I could switch my work schedule to 8:30 to 5:00 or even 9:00 to 5:30 . . . I could roll out the door at 5:00 AM, ride for three hours which gets me up Lookout or Deer Creek . . . I might have to test that one out.

If you think I am being soft or exaggerating the afternoon/early evening storms, I have backup. A set of pictures must be worth a set of 1000 words or something like that.


The picture is lifted from Kitt's Blog (also known as Blogs in the Hood I), if you click on the image it will take you to the slide show she put together. That's some nice work. It reminds me of the pictures I have somewhere when Jonathan and I set up the camera on the cooler at the beach many years back and took pictures of lightning over the ocean. Using super slow shutter speed can provide some entertaining results.

Registration for Dead Dog is closed, but a few more fast riders got on the list before the deadline. It should make for an entertaining weekend. I want to get a closer view of the artwork on the Rock Racing kit Mike Creed will be sporting. I suspect the sleeves of the HART kits of old, designed by Jef at Th'ink Tank are way cooler.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

Stop! Thief! (Just kidding.) Thanks for the shout-out. I was so excited to get those pics.