Friday, June 6, 2008

Life in the N-hood

Truly, there is not a dull moment in my neighborhood these days. From killer swarms of bees to new restaurants opening to outdoor activity galore, we have it all!

I saw some activity the other night in what will soon be India's Pearl in the old Lola space. This should be a good addition to the neighborhood, adding yet another ethnic option to Old South Pearl Street. I was very excited to see actual Indians sitting in the space when I walked past. Given the nature of the short run of BB's, I had my fears. I like the gold paint used for accent on the facade of the building. It looks fancy.


I might try to venture out for some of the festivities in the hood this weekend. Tonight is the First Friday Art Walk which should make for some interesting people watching from the patio of Black Pearl. Sunday marks the return of the Farmers' Market on the 1500 south block of Old South Pearl. It is nice to see the neighbors out and about on a Sunday morning.


Dempsey had an impromptu play date at the park with Guinness, a Black Lab puppy, new to the neighborhood. Dempsey kept up a haphazard game of fetch with Guinness in tow. He was taking his own sweet time bringing the ball back to me, finding the puppy significantly more interesting. Eventually the game evolved to Dempsey playing keep away until Guinness decided to stalk Dempsey, "hiding" himself in the 2" tall grass.

Tonight, I am going to hit the big park on the time trial bike for a spin and try out the new helmet to make sure it doesn't choke me or anything crazy like that. I'd hate to find that out during tomorrow's effort . . .

1 comment:

KarmaTee said...

Fancy gold paint = fancy gold prices. Nothing beats Little India.