Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Madness and Galub Juman

Somebody cue "One Step Beyond" . . . I guess I can do that part.



Dempsey has no shortage of tennis balls to play with in the morning when we go to the courts for an old fashioned game of fetch. Sometimes we are lucky enough to find some spent tennis balls that somebody else left behind. Dempsey willingly and eagerly runs over to pick these up and get them in the game. On occasion, those balls are the very definition of "manky" at best. I give you the top ball in the image below as Exhibit A:


Knowing that Dempsey's mouth does not clean itself, I try to keep such munge out of his reach. He had other ideas and wasn't afraid to try to put them into action.


I eventually got him to play fetch with the balls he carefully selected from his bucket o' balls this morning. I'm sure his mouth will be thanking me all day.

I decided today would be the day to hit up the new spots in the neighborhood, so I left the house on the bike a little early and rode over to Pajama Baking Company for a loaf of bread. It did not disappoint! Between a few of us at work, the Ciabatta disappeared in a hurry. Since Deb was waiting around today for the moving truck to show up with her stuff from Atlanta, we hit newly opened India's Pearl for lunch. Their lunch special gave us a reasonable sampling of the menu, enough to tell that it is honest to goodness Indian food. For a mere $9.95 you get your choice of Tandoori Chicken or a veggie Samosa to start, the option of one (or more if you want small portions) of five entrees, Naan, and either Galub Juman or Kheer (I think that's what it was) for dessert. Next time I am there, I'll request that they spice the spicy dishes up a bit. Flavor was good but they were a touch mild for my wild and crazy palate.

Now that I am full of bread and Indian food, I think I am going to have to take an afternoon nap with Dempsey, I just hope his breath isn't too bad. By afternoon nap, I mean ride of course. That will be followed by a quick trip to Bistro One assuming I can get home from my ride in time for happy hour with some friends.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

Oooh, India Pearl's is open? I'll have to check it out!