Thursday, May 21, 2009

Animals!

Like I mentioned yesterday, I've been tagged. I figured I'd get the photo evidence before making use of whatever brand of graffiti remover I bought. I knew of Goof-Off, but honestly I was a bit afraid that it would take off everything, including the finish on the garage door. I'll put on the industrial rubber gloves this afternoon and see if I can get the door back to the "fresh from factory" look.


I was hoping for some cool graffiti when it happened eventually, but all these punk kids lack creativity with their tags. Good work, 303 Homiez . . . stay in school or something.

Last night was the last "effort" in the KHMTT series. The thunderstorms held off for the most part, but the wind conditions were as variable as ever. I gauged my effort pretty well, setting out in relatively calm conditions, but the wind picked up on the return trip making things a little tougher. I tried to keep reeling in the riders who were in front of me and tried to keep increasing my cadence while in the big gear. All was going well until I hit a pretty big bump by the bull-chute finish and my seatpost clamp failed, snapping in two, allowing my seat to drop about 4". Fortunately this happened only about 200m from the finish so I didn't have to spend a significant period of time out of the saddle. I lost a little time I am sure, but I did well enough to wrap up the series overall for a second year.

This year was a little bit frustrating, but only because I didn't meet my goal time. There were some blazing fast times out there, like Andrew Barker's 21:18, Nico Toutenhoofd's 21:16, and Greg Krause's 21:15. I wanted to beat my time from last year with an outside goal of riding sub-21 minute, but you can't always get what you want.

My bag of animal crackers advertises 13 types of animals in delicious cracker form, see if you can identify them all, I sure couldn't.


If things at work get any more unbearable, I might start making animal cracker movies as my form of protest. I'll take any title suggestions . . .

No comments: