Friday, May 1, 2009

It Slices . . . It Dices . . .

It does everything you could possibly want a kitchen appliance to do . . . and for only $1,400, the Thermomix TM31 can be yours! I stumbled across this one flipping through the pages of the WSJ this morning and had to read on. I'm not going to lie, I still don't understand the device. I think it does your taxes if you are an EU citizen, but it also qualifies for energy efficient tax credits in the US. I checked online, the owners' manual is 53 pages . . . for just the english version, not the multi-language booklet.

I also came across an article about culinary use of sea urchin and was dismayed to find out that the "roe" I have eaten has a nutty flavor for a reason. It isn't roe at all! The little critter fetches quite a price if you care to go find it. Apparently fishermen in Maine used to burn them by the 60-gallon drum full!

I'm putting the racing for tomorrow at doubtful at best. It looks like it will be cold and wet, especially at 8:00 in the morning on Lookout Mountain. I guess that gives me more time to make the perfect mint julep . . . run horses, run!

No comments: