Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shoddy Construction by Proximity?

I really should be taking Brian's advice on anything to do with the back room and construction prior to my time in the house. He recommended putting a note in the wall saying that I wasn't responsible for any of the framing and general halfassery. I now have to work with the halfassery when it comes to getting the remainder of the drywall on the walls and around the window. Just to bring everybody back up to speed, the windows are simply fixed sashes that slide into the wall . . . smoooooth. I opted to use a J-channel which will serve as stop for the window and it will provide a metal surface for the window to slide against as opposed to drywall.


I had to put in a piece of 1" material on the vertical leg of the window opening because, uh there was nothing to attach the J-channel to. With my framing work done, I was able to put the channel in place and hopefully with a little luck, the windows won't look like complete and total dog ass (sorry Dempsey and other dogs) when they are wrapped with drywall and the wood sill is attached.

Great news! They fixed the air conditioner on the office. Bad news . . . it broke again after providing 53 minutes of relief. It is back up to 78 degrees in the office. More good news! I bought some graffiti remover . . . but the bad news is that some punk kids finally got around to tagging my garage. At least it is on the door which is powder coated and should clean easily. Pictures to follow . . .

No comments: