Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Preview

Between kvetching and griping and moaning about the new office, I have still been riding bikes. Wednesday's TT was amusing with some of the worst wind of the series to date for 2009 out at Cherry Creek Reservoir. I tried my best to ignore it and just plow through. I did a good job of keeping my cadence up on the way out and into the wind, but allowed myself to load up in a few spots on the way back. Still it was a decent ride all in all and enough for 1st in the P/1/2 group, keeping me in 1st place overall in the series.

The racing this weekend will be something between hard and ridiculous. Below is the profile for Sunshine Canyon. I am not looking forward to the kicker just after the slight downhill at mile 4.5 as that is usually where I come unglued after chasing back on to the bunch.


Sunday's race is the North Boulder Park Crit, the short course. I much prefer the long course from the Estes Park Stage Race a few years back but I'll get out there and try to do as much for my teammates as possible. I think everybody who gets paid to race bikes is back in town and will probably be out this weekend so my prediction is pain.


This picture has nothing to do with anything really except that . . . well no nothing to do with anything, but it looks pretty. If you want to read the rest of the article, go here.

No comments: