Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Halfassery

I'm excited to be in a new office space for work. The office was ready and waiting for us when we arrived in a condition that I would describe as "in shambles" or something less generous. Yesterday when I moved my computer over, I got tired of waiting for my desk to arrive, so I went back to the old office to look at the empty space. This morning I had a desk, so I got the computer set up and ready to go, but the chairs hadn't been moved yet.


Making the most of the situation, I spent half the day sitting on the trash can. The chairs arrived eventually along with some other good news. Turns out that the climate control isn't operational in my particular office. Good thing it is only 85 today and not in the 90s like the rest of the summer will be. Fortunately it isn't working in the company president's office either so there is a slight chance that they might take care of it.

Other than that, the new office is great. My commute is only 5x longer than before and the vintage 1970s feel/look makes every work day like a blast from the past. I think the mold is from a roof leak in 1983, but they are going to paint over those to make it all better. We have a fancy new VOIP phone system that allows me to monitor the office activity from the comforts of my desk. I know who is calling whom from their work phone and how long the call has been going on. If there is one thing that is going right, it is the cookie dough.


I have dough in the fridge, ready for the baking this evening. What you see is a batch of oatmeal craisin white chocolate. If the day doesn't improve by the time I get out of here, I am going to go home and eat all of the dough. It is delicious as cookie dough should be and with any luck, the raw cookie dough would give me enough of a salmonella kick to keep me out of work for the rest of the week.

No comments: