Friday, November 16, 2007

A Dog at Sunrise

The camera isn't sensitive enough to catch the reds and oranges in the eastern part of the sky this morning when I took Dempsey to the park. I guess the time change is ok sometimes . . . just moments like that.

The plot thickens in the kitchen. I made the bold step of starting the cabinets in the main part of the kitchen. We cleaned off a few years worth of kitchen munge, cleaned again with trisodium phosphate, cleaned again, sanded lightly, cleaned again and then primed the uppers. The first shot gives you the before/after in one image. Again, this is just the primer which is more of a blue-grey than the final color "deep caviar".



Here you can see the original faces of the cabinet.



Once it is all put together (cabinets painted, walls repainted with the updated RL chamois color, florescent lighting removed) I think we will have a space with more warm, inviting tones. Of course there will be some countertop updating in the kitchen as well. I should be able to finally template the top in the butler pantry this weekend and get my pour scheduled for the week after Thanksgiving.

Before making myself stupid on paint fumes last night, I hit up GB Fish and Chips with Brian, Joey, and Chad. Nothing like a few pints and some fried food to get the motivation rolling! It seems like the pre-Gates redevelopment renaissance is hitting my part of South Broadway. There are new restaurants opening and a good display of investment in the hood.

No comments: