Thursday, November 22, 2007

Run Away!

Thank goodness for aerobic capacity and sea level. It allows me every year to run a semi-respectable 5k for the Turkey Trot. I stuck to the usual plan of trying to spot the high school runner (they always seem to love to wear racing flats for a race on the beach) and following for as long as possible. I selected correctly this year and followed the leader out of the pack and hung back a little more than in years past, hoping to avoid the pains resulting from an activity I don't consider normal or usual. In the last mile I saw 3rd place coming up behind me out of the corner of my eye and picked up the pace for a few hundred yards to hold onto 2nd place.

Running isn't my forte and I don't think I really like it that much. It makes me hurt in new and unusual ways, inside and out.

Keely's flight was early of all things, but I made it to the airport on time, even got in a couple chapters of my latest read The Year of Living Biblically. So far I have found it both entertaining and educational. Did you know that if you get into a fist fight with a guy and his wife steps in and grabs you by the balls that you are supposed to cut her hand off? It says so in the bible, check it out for yourself.

Laziness resumed as soon as we got back from the airport. I baked biscuits, drank some coffee, sat on the couch, prepped pumpkin for pie, sat on the couch, ate some cheetos, sat on the couch, read some magazines . . . on the couch. I hope I have the energy to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: