Friday, November 9, 2007

Next Steps

The project continues and we are about to approach the two week mark. I still say good progress has been made. After meeting up with Matt, Craig, and Jafar at Pasquinis I got back to the pantry to put a primer coat on the shelves. I didn't really want to touch the cabinet just yet for a couple reasons, a) washing thoroughly with Trisodium Phosphate is required and b) more washing and sanding is required after that. I think Keely and I will tackle the cabinets together. I also wanted to get a feel for how the oil based paint applies . . . smoooooth.



The true color of the cabinets/shelving will be about two shades darker. This should give you a good idea, it is the second one down on the left:



Of course, keep in mind the color on the screen isn't the true painted color either, but you get the idea . . . blackish, greyish, brownish . . . something "rich" . . .

I hope we can get a good deal of it done this weekend because it is supposed to be warm and we can leave some windows open. Oil based paint stinks.

No comments: