Thursday, November 1, 2007

Progress

I am almost threatening to appear to look like I know what I am doing with this home improvement stuff. Chad Headlee was impressed with the quick turnaround so far, from demo to getting things put back together and he's in the construction industry . . . wait a minute, so am I! We joked about my background in production housing and that yes I could get this project done in a short period of time, but it would only last just beyond the standard one year warranty for interior finishes. We'll see.



So far I have torn out the old pantry, hung drywall, taped and prepped the walls, primed, fixed my mistakes (the ones I really cared about, some will be behind the cabinet and some will be considered "character" like on the old walls.), and cut/dryfit my wonderboard.

Tonight the room will get paint, the ceiling needs a bit of tender loving care, but it will get there. Keely got in on the act now that we are past the phases that could chemically make her forget how to be a doctor. We picked out a color for painting the cabinets, that will be an adventure.

With Keely being on vacation this week and done with her latest round of testing, Dempsey as gotten some extra attention. He had his eyebrows waxed and his nails done.



Gotta love the drowned rat look some fluffy dogs get at the groomer. The next shot makes him look like a total pansy . . . this was confirmed Halloween night when he didn't bite a single kid and let them take all my precious candy.



This weekend will see more progress on the pantry but we will also escape the house for Derek and Lisa's wedding, the big cyclocross race on Sunday, and a much needed cocktail hour at the week's end.

Quick editors add . . . never forget to check all the woot.com sites, you never know when you might miss something you really need but don't, like this.

No comments: