Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Whoa . . .



Black grout on white tile is always a frightening process. I missed out on the picture before sponging the first time. Most of the white tiles looked slightly blackish at that point. All in all, I'd say it is coming together pretty well.



I was able to pull the base cabinet out of the basement last night after cleaning up the grout. I should be able to set it in place, shim, and screw it to the wall. My melamine is on order at work, but I need to install some cleat and put on a 3/4" plywood subtop before I can template for the concrete counter top. Speaking of which, my book and instructional video by Fu-Tung Cheng, the original concrete counter top guru, should arrive at the library today. I don't think it will be possible to gather too much information on this one before getting started. The good news is if you screw up the pour, you are only out $14 for some Quikrete.

No comments: