Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Study in Colors

I am almost out of the woods on the cabinet painting, the good news is that I am finally getting the hang of it so if anybody wants to paint cabinets I can tell you how. I like the color which is good, there's no going back now!

You can see the counter top "accent" that is still to be painted and the last five doors are primed and ready to be painted. I should be able to paint the hinge side tonight, hang them Thursday and get the face painted and everything complete (except the touch up that is inevitable) by Friday evening.




Keely will get back into the painting mix when we switch to the latex based paint for the kitchen walls and trim. It is less likely to strip her of her education.

Here's a color I don't like:



I didn't expect it to really snow overnight! Sorry Deb, welcome to Colorado in a week . . . Dempsey enjoyed it fully though.

Up next for the kitchen . . . more paint! We will paint the walls to match the butler pantry and paint the trim and new door. Thanks again to Joe at work for help on getting the temp door together with a cutout for the cat door. I fully expect to come home one day to find Dempsey stuck half way in/out, that photo will be posted for sure (Brian, if you want to photoshop that one in advance I will post it).



According to FedEx, we should see the pot rack tomorrow. There will probably be some bribes offered up for labor assistance to get this item installed.

On the riding side of things search for my post on riding in the basement.

No comments: