Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rodeo

So you want to go to the rodeo . . . uh . . .

I paid my stock show dues a few years back and I don't think I have to go again until 2017. There is some amusement in it all, the equine exhibitions, the farm/ranch goods and accessories, the turquoise, ostrich skin cowboy boots . . .

The usual suspects are going to the rodeo this evening. Deb doesn't know what she is getting herself into and for that I wish her good luck. I am going to hold down the fort and hang with the cat and dog, maybe I can get Lou to rope Dempsey or something. If so there will definitely be pictures posted!

In other amusing news, filling out customer feedback forms online after sub-par experiences at food establishments sometimes leads to a response.

"Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent visit to our location on South Broadway. I appreciate your compliment on our service as well as your comment on the food. I will share both of these with my staff at this location. If you have the time and are willing, I would love to hear more details about the food that led to your dissatisfaction. We try our best every time to provide the BEST food and the BEST service in the industry. Clearly we have failed on this instance and we cannot except that performance level. Please feel free to respond to this e-mail with additional details if you have time. Either way, I would like to invite you back for a PERFECT experience on us. Just bring this e-mail in and request to speak to the manager on duty, either Dinny, Bryon, or myself Chris. Again thank you very much for your feedback. It is because of guests like you who take the time to provide us with invaluable feedback, that we are able to gauge our efforts to be the best at what we do. Have a GREAT day and we look forward to seeing you soon!"

Not to nitpick, but wouldn't that be "we cannot accept that performance level" . . . in any case, the Spicy Pickle wants the opportunity to provide "a PERFECT experience on us" . . . perfection is difficult to achieve, but free food is a good start.

2 comments:

KarmaTee said...

Do not dis the Stock Show. There are few things a Denver girl loves more than cowboys coming in from out of town... Denver's single male population should be more aware of this.

Seth Rubin said...

Therein lies the problem, I don't even come close to being a cowboy in from out of town . . . sure, I worked on a horse farm in Charlottesville, VA but there are more cowboys in NYC than there are in snooty horse country!