Sunday, January 27, 2008

Waxed

Deceptive title I know . . . no waxing for the purpose of hair removal, at least not this weekend, but I did wax the counter top after having sealed it last week. The wax was easy enough to apply and it adds a nice luster and glow. JD is going to be out of town tomorrow but I'm thinking Kendall, Pinkerton and I should be able to lift the slab and get it upstairs safely.


It was nice again this weekend and I hit the hills Saturday and today. I got in a good 5 hour ride on Saturday before the pizza party. We made a slight detour into Evergreen to hit the Tin Star . . . the sign says it all.


Earning donuts is hard.


Speaking of which, never turn your back on others in your kitchen. I went out to be social and when I came back there were all kinds of crazy things going on . . . there were some good pizzas coming out of the oven and the unglazed quarry tiles are officially seasoned.

The sign of a good party is a trashed kitchen.


I caught up with the Brenners this morning, heading up to the hills to start the ride. Their place is looking great these days! Leaving their driveway and heading up Cityview makes for the hardest 25 minute warm up I have ever had. We rode from Cityview to High Grade, to Hwy 73, to Turkey Creek . . . I could feel the lingering effects of Saturday's ride. Add an unexpected strong wind and I lost all will and motivation. I got in about two hours before calling it a day.

No comments: