Friday, January 18, 2008

A Study in Fashion and Style

I do not like them in a box.
I do not like them with a fox.
I do not like them in a boat.
I do not like them with a goat.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.



Channel something in the vein of Jesse Jackson's reading of Green Eggs and Ham on SNL years back . . . Rah, rah, go locally based team! I support your ideals, motivations, methods, intentions . . . but what's with the clothing? I just can't wait to see the team car, I can only hope for a Model T or a vintage Packard.

I've touched upon this point before, but this whole argyle thing has already been picked up by the sports world and somewhat played out. Check (no pattern pun intended) this out for the rundown. I am still partial to the University of North Carolina Men's Basketball uniforms, circa 1991, designed by Alexander Julian, as my favorite addition of argyle to the sporting world.


Go Tarheels! Too bad I am in Colorado and nobody cares about college basketball, because there isn't any here.