Friday, July 25, 2008

Archi-texture

I didn't notice the other morning, but the north elevation and south elevations are opposite each other in color scheme. Where the north side has the darker grey as the accent, the south side has the lighter grey as the accent . . . now that's architecture.


The plumber and/or mechanical engineer should be shot for putting the vents front and center on the roof, easily visible from the street. I will keep my fingers crossed that they at least paint them a darker color so they don't stand out so much.

You can see the afternoon sky to the east wasn't looking so friendly yesterday afternoon. I jumped in the car anyways to head down to Meridian. At this point of the season, the quicker I get out of the house to go ride the better off I am. It is hard to muster the motivation for some reason, especially on the easy, head out for 2-3 hours and cruise days.


There was lots of traffic because of storms and general "rainbow" delays. Just about everybody who saw it commented on the size of the rainbow, too bad the phone through windshield picture didn't really do it justice.

The goal for last night's ride was to sit in mostly but put in three solid efforts. Effort number one came a few laps in. I decided to keep it in the 53x11 and cruise up the hill at the start/finish for the loop. When I looked back, only one person kept the pace and he looked like he was huffing and puffing pretty good by the time I eased up. He apologized for not being able to help and work with me to maintain the gap, but I wasn't interested in trying to stay away as a group of two. A small group including Joey, Eric, and Byron bridged up and we kept things moving along. I wasn't pulling especially hard, just nice and smooth, knowing I had a couple efforts still to go. The last efforts came towards the end, one to stick with Byron as we opened a gap on Joey and Eric, and the last one to get to the line first, gotta love practice races.

The good news is the legs feel respectable going into this weekend. Hopefully I can turn out a decent result in the time trial and then be useful in the road race. Kevin is flying these days and I'm sure everybody will be watching him very closely on Saturday.

1 comment:

Summer Nicklasson said...

Hi there. You said in your header to introduce yourself. So hi, I'm summer (http://queenbloggy.blogspot.com). I'm enjoying your blog. I'm also a cyclist, though apparently not to your caliber. Anyway, nice blog. I'll be back!