Thursday, July 3, 2008

Holiday

I'll stay away from dripping sarcasm, it is better left in the hands of professionals, yup . . . proud to be an American. Another Fourth of July is just around the corner and I didn't take advantage of the bounty of fireworks for sale in Wyoming.

Brian and Jessica get married tomorrow evening up in Lyons and I could have provided the fireworks display. Although not on the registry, it would have been the best wedding gift ever . . . along with the money needed to bail out all participants afterward.

What better way to kick off the holiday weekend than rip apart the house? I pulled a piece of the casing from the inside of the front door this morning to see what I would uncover. The hope was that there would be some space between the jamb and the brick of the rough opening.


No such luck. As you can see in the picture below, the jamb is up against plaster and other material with no room to spare.


This limits me to keeping the same size door I have currently (2'8" width) which in turn limits the style/material/manufacturer options. This beauty, although it would get painted white to match the rest of the trim at my house, might greet you as you walk onto my porch in the near future.


For now, my brain is going on holiday, see you after the break . . .

No comments: