Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ouch!

I went out for a nice cruiser of a ride yesterday afternoon. According to the program, it was to be 2 hours, pretty easy, spinning a cadence of 80+ RPM with some hills involved. I decided to hit the 32nd to Golden, through Golden, Rooney Road, back on Alameda/Florida loop. So did the winds.

The ride out to Golden wasn't too bad with mostly cross/tailwinds. Once I hit the path along US-6, I was riding into some pretty stiff winds. Rooney Road wasn't much better. I struggled to maintain 19 MPH on the downhill sections. Alameda was fairly blowy as well with a nice side of stink from the manure they put down as fertilizer around the new overpass. I had a brief section of relief on Union, but the winds continued all the way home.

Even though I spent all day hydrating at work, almost to the point of nuisance (it is nice having to get up every 40-60 minutes to go to the bathroom, kind of like a smoke break but probably not causing cancer) I felt like the desiccating wind had sapped my body of all moisture put in during the day. I spent the rest of the evening drinking more fluids and refueling for another day . . .

No comments: