Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crazy

As previously planned, I will be riding up to Vail this weekend, just a nice, long, cruiser of a ride to get an extra bump in fitness prior to Masters Worlds. Not to my surprise, nobody really wants to go with me. It is kind of a haul. The routes below are my best estimates, I'll have the phone running it's gps app to data, but I will be looking at 130+ miles on the way there with 11,800' of climbing and 105+ on the way back with 6600' of climbing.







What amuses me most is the calories burned calculation on MapMyRide. In theory I'll be burning 6700 calories riding to Vail. Instead of carrying all of my snacks, I will be carrying the credit card, cell phone, flat kit and whatever clothing I need. I'm sure the recommended liquid intake is something ridiculous, an amount probably requiring a stop every hour.

I will be taking it all in at a leisurely pace, enjoying all the scenery along the way. From the ride last year, I know the part from Frisco to Vail Pass is the toughest mentally. Hopefully I will be ahead of any afternoon thunderstorms since my goal is to be in Vail by about 2:00 . . . maybe I should schedule that 3:00 massage . . .

So who's with me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk to Jordo...he's unemployed! I'm sure he'd go. Although...200+ Miles of his yapping might get a bit much.

KarmaTee said...

You are out of your mind.