Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some Good Riding

On Wednesday I made it out for a good ride and didn't get too lost this time. My goal was to get in four hours with some climbing, but not really pushing very hard. I headed from Pougny towards some villages in France, through some villages in France, back into Switzerland and home. Take a look.

Post ride, I had some lunch and then we all packed into the car to hit the farm for some blackberry picking. I have to say picking berries from brambles that are trained in rows and that don't have thorns is much easier than trying to reach ripe berries from the side of a ditch, while avoiding stinging nettles.

We made a blackberry peach cobbler from the ditch berries, a pumpkin pie from a not so ripe pumpkin from Becca's garden, and a blackberry pie from the farm blackberries. I will say I was very well fed while at Becca and Jan's house.

Today I rode the time trial bike in the morning, a 20K race simulation and then headed out for one last ride in this part of the world in the afternoon, getting a little bit lost in all the villages along the way. I have some pictures from the rides and activities with the kids, I'll post them when I get home.

Tomorrow, I get on the train nice and early to head to St Johann. It will be a full day on the train, but it is pretty relaxing having no responsibility other than looking out the window at the scenery every once in a while. Unfortunately the forecast for St Johann and the first day of racing is cold and rain . . .

No comments: