Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Siding

It looks like they got all the siding on the facade of the duplex across the street. My only beef is the 2x10 used as an accent . . . looks kind of blah and sticks out because it is just a regular 2x10 with a galvanized drip cap on it.


I expect to see some landscaping going in sometime soon and most of the job should be wrapped up by the time I get back from my European vacation.

Speaking of which, I am going to try to come up with a more detailed itinerary for my time in Munich. I'd like to visit BMW Welt, the museum, and the Olympic grounds while I am that direction. If the weather doesn't play nice, I will definitely visit the some of the museums the city has to offer like the Deutsches Museum and the Pinakothek Der Modern, both of which look like they have some pretty cool permanent and temporary exhibits.

I will probably take a day trip somewhere outside of Munich, but I haven't decided where yet. I will have four full days to wander around and get lost in the city. On one of my previous stays in Munich, I tried, unsuccessfully to visit Dachau, forgetting that many museums and sites in Europe are closed on Monday. That might be an option as well. Any other suggestions?

No comments: