Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thunder

Denver has its fair share of variety when it comes to seasons. There is the cold and windy season, the snowy season, the hot and windy season, the hot season, and now we are into the season of the afternoon thunderstorm. Many an afternoon forecast these days calls for 20 - 40% chance of thunderstorms, sometimes severe. What the National Weather Service does not take into account is that if I head out for a ride in the hills after work, the chance of storms generally increases to 80 - 90%.

Instead of braving the elements yesterday and heading down to Meridian, I headed down to the basement to get my workout done, knowing I would only be interrupted by bad television, not bad weather. I'm sure it stayed dry, but had I driven down there, I would have gotten in a 20 minute workout before it started dumping.

Yesterday evening, I wandered around Kazoo & Co. looking for these:


I figured I'd be the good uncle and not show up empty handed when I get to Geneva. Noah, Emma, and Catherine will have two sets to share on the fridge or whatever else the magnets will stick to. Maybe they'll only end up with one set and the other can stay on my fridge for me to play with.

No comments: