Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sick

I know I must be sick . . . I pre-registered for the Haystack Time Trial, not that pre-reg is all that crazy for me, but given the forecast I am not sure it is such a wise idea all around.


The weather doesn't look to promising, even though all I see is some rain when I look out the window. They say they will run it as long as there isn't any snow accumulating on the road, but snow flakes, though soft and fluffy looking, hurt at time trial speeds. If they do hold it under miserable conditions, I am not sure if I will be out there, therein lies the downside of pre-reg. Some races are run pre-reg only . . . until the promoter opens day of as well. I can only shake my head.

I got out last night to do the Cherry Creek time trial in the wind. My comment before the start was, "Hey, this isn't so bad, at least there aren't any whitecaps on the reservoir." Conditions have certainly been worse in the past. I brought the full arsenal of wheels, but ultimately went with the disc and tri-spoke setup as per usual. This week, the front wheel held air and I didn't have to borrow a wheel. I went faster, relatively speaking given the conditions. I think quite a few people misjudged the wind and went way too easy on the way out, not realizing that the tailwind on the way back would make for a quick return regardless of physical state. I should have gone out a little harder than I did, but there's always next week.

When I got home last night, I started going through a very odd and disconcerting chill/sweat cycle. Within every hour, I'd go between shivering and sweating and had all sorts of aches and pains. I didn't feel all that much better this morning, but I dragged myself into work to get everybody what they needed to get through the day before returning home to the couch. Hopefully this goes away without turning into anything worse, but for right now I feel wiped out.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

Yuck! Hope that goes away soon.