Friday, April 24, 2009

Wood Shop

I think I failed the internship test in the wood shop at work today. I did most of the cutting at home and I will say for sure my "rip fence" isn't what it ought to be. I also made use of scrap materials for free which became evident when some things didn't line up perfectly due to warpage.


The good news is that caulk and paint hide a lot of things. I should be able to get the shelf up and start prepping it all for paint, filling holes and making it look pretty in general. Not too bad for a few minutes work.

I used some small 1/4 round on the top of the shelf so my chalk and eraser won't go flying off when I open and close the door. I am much more confident in my skills for cutting the casing since it gets cut flat, no compound anything involved . . .

With any luck, I will be racing some more this weekend, Deer Trail on Saturday and Haystack TT/TTT on Sunday. This will be the first full weekend of racing barring any cancellations . . .

No comments: