Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weather Data

It is Wednesday once again which means it will be time to take the show out to Cherry Creek Reservoir for another time trial. It also means that the weather is changing as the afternoon progresses.


As you can see, the winds have changed from a slight puff at 5 MPH and mostly from the south to variable with a gust or two above the 20 MPH mark. The direction scatter plot cracks me up. We've gone from wind from the south to winds from every possible easterly direction. What does this all mean? Nothing really, we'll still be out there trying to ride as fast as possible. I have a sincere doubt that my average speeds will be anywhere close to Sunday's speeds. In the TTT, we were pushing in excess of 31 MPH for our average. Turning that kind of speed on the 10.65 mile KHMTT course would put me well in the sub 21 minute range.

I got a visual explanation of what phase 5 means on WHO alert scale. Please be aware that it is no longer the swine flu, it is A/H1N1


I'm not sure how the scale of 1-6 works. At level 5, I personally am not very concerned. Does this mean that my perception of alarmist tactics has actually put me in greater danger?

No comments: