Wednesday, April 11, 2007

KHTT (aka CCTT)

So now that winter is finally over and spring is here . . .

The time trial series out at Cherry Creek starts this evening. As usual the weather promises wind for the late afternoon/early evening time period, I'm sure with gusts picking up right around my start time. The goal for this year is really not to get passed by Mike Carter. I'm pretty sure I can accomplish it since he starts in front of me for once.

Winter has been excessively cruel this year. It has lingered, dragged on, sapped both motivation and will to ride. I feel like I haven't had much by way of real training over the last few weeks since getting back from Hawaii. Getting on the trainer feels like a chore and riding in wind like yesterday afternoon is mentally punishing.

The CCTT is a good test of fitness since the course doesn't really change year to year and I know what I was able to do last year. There haven't been any changes to equipment other than the motor. We'll see what happens.

No comments: