Thursday, April 5, 2007

Where Does the Time Go?

As many others have found out before me, blogging on a consistent basis is much harder than you would think. It isn't that my life isn't the wild roller coaster ride it appears to be . . . it's just remembering things and pretending to have to time to write them down and add pictures.

Picking up where we left off, Sunday's plan was to get out and race at Colorado School of Mines instead of hitting the infamous Koppenberg. In the interest of showcasing one of my team sponsors Haber Vision (www.habervision.com - if you are interested in glasses, let me know and I'll give you the referral code which helps you and helps the team), Dempsey decided it was time to start wearing glasses.



You can see in this next picture that we do infact have a team and both of us showed up to race. Kevin has the skills and experience to get where he needs to be pretty much anytime, anywhere when it comes to racing. I knew this one was going to split up quickly and unfortunately I found myself on the wrong side of the split. One of the fast kids and a few of the fast old guys, Kevin and my coach Mike Carter included got away and lapped most of the field.



The remainder of the race was a good opportunity to try to shake off a winter's worth of trainer handling skills. While I am not the world's worst bike handler, I certainly haven't won any awards. There was a lot that I could get away with as a Cat 3, but I know the importance of not wasting efforts in P/1/2 races.

Passover started this week so my diet of fruits and matzo will result in significant weight loss. The only real treat for Passover is chicken soup with matzo balls which might come in handy anyways with the "wintery" mix forecast for the remainder of the week, including Saturday which is Boulder Roubaix . . .

No comments: