Thursday, April 26, 2007

Meridian

There is something very satisfying about going out to a practice, bandit crit with a completly mixed bag of goons, and just blowing out the legs completely. I saw a guy riding around on a bike with clip on aero bars, clad in a sleeveless jersey, but wearing arm warmers. Keep that guy far, far away! I hate to sound like an elitist roadie snob, but yikes, dude might as well have had a tinfoil helmet on too.

I kept it in a big gear from the start and found myself with a gap after going up one of the "hills" with Joey Brenner, dug out from the snow, sitting on my wheel. He said, "just keep going." I said, "ok." We stayed away for a while, then let up, then we started attacking again. He rolled off with a group of four and I watched as the gap got to the big enough point. I drifted back and then attacked from mid-pack and worked my butt off to bridge. I made in about half a lap with one other rider and happy to find out that recovery from such efforts doesn't take as long as it used to.

I get to take it easy tomorrow and then Saturday I get to race in scenic Deer Trail, CO.

No comments: