Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lincoln Plating Stage Race - Day 2

Ah, nothing like a road trip and jamming people and bikes into a beat down hotel room. Rumor has it the TraveLodge has a sister hotel, the StayCheap . . . I don't think I ever really want to be there.



The forecast for today's crit included scattered tornadoes, not rain, not thunderstorms, but tornadoes. Not really what you look forward to when you get ready for a nice Sunday ride in the park. The course is a pretty fun one, but doesn't not lend itself to making up much time or picking up spots on GC. Add to it the rain and I was happy just to finish, pack up and go home.

There were indeed tornadoes, just not where we were. This guy wasn't as lucky, but amazingly he lived.



Me, I was a lot luckier on the way home, not only did I get to drive, but Brian let me drive AND eat ice cream. All in all, it was a good trip. Got to practice the bike handling skills in the wind and rain, got beat up by the old teammates some, but still took some money home. Even better, we got free burritos.

No comments: