Thursday, April 12, 2007

There's Always Next Week

Sometimes things go right and riding feels good, natural, efficient and sometimes you have to rely on a good optimistic outlook and remember that there's always next week.

The time trial yesterday didn't really go as planned and my lackluster performance showed with a time slower than any of my efforts from last season. There really aren't any excuses to be made, fortunately the series out at Cherry Creek is without real consequence or significance. I'll look at the ride as a source of motivation and a reason to regain my focus on training over the next days, weeks, months . . . The beauty of having a coach and a good one at that is being able to make adjustments on the fly. Mike is making changes and revising the program to work around the fact that I won't be able to make it to Tour of the Gila this year.

It was good to see some of my Tokyo Joe's teammates out and about. Mike P., Alex, and Duane were doing the TT thing. I saw Leonard in a car, he'll have to comment on that one on his own. Everything seems to be coming together nicely with sponsors for the season. We'll be well equipped in addition to being well fed.

1 comment:

I am Brian said...

It's the new kit... it's not as fast!