Sunday, April 29, 2007

Squaw Pass

What better to do after a long road race than to go on a long climb over Squaw Pass? The weather was pretty good for a ride into the hills although there was some significant snowfall earlier in the week. I'm pretty sure the first effort of the day had me seeing things . . .



Although when out on a good Sunday death march, images can be confusing, disconcerting, and sometimes wrong.



As soon as Joey and I got past Idaho Spring and around the first switch backs up the hill, I was starting the question the idea of riding up and over Squaw. The last snow fall was pretty significant up here and we have plenty of reminders of that on the way up.



We probably could have brought the ice skates for Echo Lake.



You'll have to zoom in on this one to get the point, but it started snowing, yes, snowing going over the top of the pass.




All in all, it was a good ride. I really wasn't so sure about making it home after all the climbing and freezing coming back down into Bergen Park. I declined Joey's offer to ride back to his new house off of City View and instead rode directly home, keeping additional climbing to a minimum.

No comments: