Friday, April 13, 2007

What a Storm

I woke up Friday morning expecting the worst. All predictions pointed to up to a foot of snow. I peeked out the window (knowing there was nothing because of the birds chirping) and saw . . . absolutely no snow on the ground. The only accumulation was the petals that have fallen off of my plum tree in the side yard. Joy oh joy, I'd get to race the Boulder Roubaix after all!

This weekend is a good one for training/racing. Roubaix will be tough and from what I hear the Air Force Academy course used previously for Worlds is a crusher. My teammate Kevin is smart enough to skip tomorrow's race which promises potholed roads and dust a plenty.

The good news is that the lack of snow should allow me to pick up my new grill (photos to follow) at the Home Depot and join the rest of America in summer backyard grillling.

No comments: