Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Catching Up

I am reminded not only by the piles of work on my desk, but also by the daily calls from people I have not called since my return, that I need to catch up on everything. It might surprise you that not everybody reads my blog with the regularity that you do.

I finally got the bike back together yesterday afternoon and got out for a ride. I noticed upon further inspection that the airlines did a nice job of dinging up the down tube on the Ibis. One of the marks looks like somebody whacked it pretty well, but it doesn't appear that the frame is in any way compromised. The first ten minutes of my ride felt pretty goofy, like I didn't know how to pedal in circles. The normal feeling came back in a hurry though and the body remembered what it is supposed to do. Now it is back to the regular riding routine . . . This month will be pretty laid back from a riding perspective and then I start building up towards next season.

That is if there is a next season . . . CERN's Large Hadron Collider got fired up this morning. Particles went really fast both clockwise and counterclockwise this morning. Smashy, smashy time is later this month which will reignite fears of micro black holes, stranglets, and the end of the universe. I quickly checked out the live feed listed in the Engadget article above and was disappointed by the dull, British narration. I was expecting a bunch of scientists in lab coats rocking out to Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden or at least something equally fitting. What would be on your playlist for a day at the office where you might end all existence?

1 comment:

Kitt said...

They didn't do any smashy smashy today? I was wondering about those earthquakes in Indonesia and Japan ...