Friday, September 12, 2008

In the Rain

I had a sneaking suspicion yesterday on the way home from work that it was going to be a wet afternoon/evening. Halfway home on my 6 minute commute, it started spitting down rain so I abandoned all thoughts of riding outside and planned on taking Dempsey for a run instead. Dempsey isn't a very good running partner, he's kind of slow and he likes to sniff everything. After the run, it started raining for real and didn't seem to stop until mid-morning. Every time I woke up last night, which for some reason was every hour on the hour, it was raining. I guess we need the moisture, but I hope it clears up come ride time this weekend.

The garage project has taken a few steps forward and half a step back. Numbers are starting to trickle in, but unfortunately my intended framer for the job is leaving town at the end of the month and not coming back. I'll still be moving forward, but I doubt I can have everything ready for David to frame it before heading out. I started looking into the permit process for the job and I should be able to take care of that next week. Time to start taking pictures and tracking progress or something.

I haven't taken down the "pain index" yet despite not really caring where the Euro is compared to the dollar. I made the mistake of clicking on it out of curiosity and it is still a pain index of sorts I suppose . . .

No comments: