Thursday, September 25, 2008

Progress Report: "Landscaping"

They have been plugging right along across the street from me on the duplex. I keep thinking that some landscaping would make it look better. I should have put in a more specific request. Trees might have been a good idea . . .


Take a closer look, it has a sort of deserted island feel to it although I do like the giant pavers set in the pea gravel.


I witnessed similar occurrences with the design-build firm I used to work for. The conversation went something like this:

-We need to make up some ground on the budget, what's left to be done?
-Landscaping is still up in the air.
-Call around and see what we can get for $3000.
-Per side right?
-No for the whole property, can't they just keep it simple? And oh yeah, that needs to include the privacy fence too.

Riiiiiiiiight. If you look closely at the bottom of the pictures, you can see a stump of something sticking up through the pea gravel in the tree "lawn". I'm pretty sure whatever it is won't grow or provide shade.

No comments: