Sunday, September 7, 2008

Well That's Weird

As suspected, by simply typing something about my baggage debacle, I doomed my bike bag to the netherworld of the baggage system. I picked it up in Charlotte and went through customs, but when I got to DIA, nothing! They said it happens in Charlotte all the time that bags won't transfer to United flights . . . swell. At least it happened at the right end of the trip. I didn't really need my bikes for anything this weekend. I surely wasn't planning on participating in the Summer's Eve road race being put on in the hinterland of Deer Trail.

By Sunday morning, I had my bikes and they seemed to be in the same general form as when I last had them. It was almost like having a porter to carry my bags around. I didn't have to load it into a car, I didn't have to lug it up to my door, I just opened the door and brought it in off the porch.

Might as well dump some pictures now . . . here's my trip in a quick slide show:

Lovely weather for leaving town.

Lake Geneva . . . in the distance is La Saleve, I rode up and over that one.

Emma hitting the town on her bicycle.

Out for a hike the easy way.

Good scenery.

Some view from a big rocky hill in Switzerland.

Oooooh, scenic . . .

The Alps are pretty spectacular.

There is now a convertible Smart, I thought it was small until . . .

I sas this guy tooling around.

St. Johann is pretty.

Even the view from the train station looks nice.

Bike lane traffic jam in Munich.

This model was from the Deutsches Museum, Dempsey could totally work the bellows.

BMW-Welt from the inside.

And outside with the Olympic tower in the background.

The Olympic tower in all of its glory. I didn't go to the top.

Wow, looks like a futuristic DIA . . . from the past.

The lake was well stocked.

From here on out, if you need me, I'll be chained to my desk at work trying to catch up.

No comments: