Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Containers

Simple minds, simple pleasures . . . my food service storage containers in the 6 quart size showed up on Friday. It really doesn't take much to keep me happy when it all comes down to it. I wanted to get some containers that would be large enough to hold full batches of dough, allow room for rising, but not take up my entire refrigerator due to size/shape. I give you the Cambro "Camsquare" 6 qt., translucent container with lid:

Despite all good intentions, I ran out of time this weekend and didn't get around to mixing up a batch of the Buttermilk Bread. I took the five minutes it required last night so I should be able to bake a couple loaves of cinnamon raisin bread this week. I probably won't make mini loaves this batch, but something tells me that I will in the future, giving me less of an opportunity to shove larger quantities of tasty bread in my chow-hole. Here's the dough in its new home after rising for a couple hours and then settling some. It is in theory bake ready, but I'll wait a day or two to let it percolate.

Sometimes if you turn your back for a second, funny things happen at the office . . . forklift accidents, industrial spills, general dismemberment . . . my little sanctuary of an office was invaded last week and the M&M fairy left her calling card.

It is all fun and games until I weigh 400 lbs. and have no teeth . . .

1 comment:

Jeff Hertzberg said...

I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I'm so glad our recipes are working well for you. Sounds like you know about the website, but come visit us anytime at http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com, where you can post questions into any "Comments" field, or click on "Bread Questions" on the left side of the homepage and choose among the options.

Jeff Hertzberg
www.artisanbreadinfive.com

Chicago tribune video: http://us.macmillan.com/BookCustomPage.aspx?isbn=9780312362911&m_type=2&m_contentid=119255#video