Friday, March 14, 2008

For the Birds

There were a few brief moments this morning, before the usual background noise kicked in and drowned the natural world out, where for the first time I could hear the twittering of birds. It was much warmer this morning than mornings past, to the point where I didn't notice the cold when I took off my glove to pick up Dempsey's morning offerings.

This weekend I am going to try something different, on Sunday I'm going snowboarding instead of riding my bike. The weather in town is iffy at best with the bulk of craptacular forecasting (read that as you will) pinning the inclement tail on Sunday. The plan is to make use of as many of the free passes (four, count them four) at Vail as possible, get in a good, solid half plus day on the slopes before hitting the cross race in Eagle. Cross race?!? In March?!? You betcha, complements of the guys at Cult Cross. If these guys put the effort in, shouldn't we? This give me the perfect excuse to pack up the Miller Highlife grill, load up the cooler (ice obviously not required, just crack the lid) and squeeze in one last cyclocross hurrah before the road season takes over. Who else wants in?

Pictures to follow for sure on this one . . .

2 comments:

I am Brian said...

I'll be looking for my beer hand-up for sure!

Velovera said...

where did you go? i took the ski train to winter park. it was quite civilized and i finished reading the NY Times which usually doesn't happen until about Thursday or Friday of the following week, if that. conditions were not too good, but found some powder in the trees. sounds like a drug movie or something.