Monday, March 10, 2008

In the Dark

I would have posted some pictures from the walk this morning, but it was too dark and I didn't feel like turning on the flash. Daylight savings time is beat.

Here's the race report from the weekend. I didn't race. There were a couple time trials I could have done on Saturday, but my excuse was that I had not put the 55 tooth chain ring on the TT bike yet. I could have raced at City Park on Sunday, but my excuse for that was I had just put the 55 tooth chain ring on the TT bike and wanted to roll around on it and make sure it would be ready for the next time trial and (this one is even better) my bike was at the shop so they could switch parts over to the new Ibis. I should be able to pick the bike up sometime this week. Pictures to follow . . .

Yesterday's race was surprisingly well attended. When I left to continue my ride the break included Tyler Hamilton (Rock Racing), Henk Vogels (Toyota United), and some other guys who go a lot faster than I do. Looks like Pete Lopinto pulled out the win in the sprint after the officials pulled over half the field.

Come this evening, I'll be glad we are back on DST. I think I can hit my active recovery ride outside instead of in the basement.

No comments: