Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yup

They were right about it being windy yesterday afternoon. I was greeted by the wind and blowing debris as soon as I got to the not Denver, but not yet Boulder area. Hutchison and I suited up and headed out for a quick recon mission to see what the course for Sunday was looking like. The brief report says the Kopp is still there and bring the crappy wheels. While the condition of the road is ok, if it is windy I plan on riding through anything and everything while fighting to stay on the wheel in front of me. The wind has potential to shatter this race in a hurry. As we came around the first bend after getting onto the dirt road we pretty much came to a standstill in the wind. There is really nowhere to hide, fun.

I set up the bike shop in the living room last night and got the bars from the old bike switched over to the new bike and gave them a fresh wrap with some dark grey bar tape. I need to fire up the gluing operation again and glue up the remaining wheels and tires, just lying around in wait. Having fully recovered from exposure to the fumes last time, I think I am ready for another go.

If it doesn't start raining/snowing this afternoon I'm planning to go play on the TT bike again, just a nice easy spin at the park. Pinkerton is coming over to get fit on my old TT bike so he can use it for Tour of the Gila. People keep asking me if I want to go to that one . . . uh, no thanks, I'll keep it local.

No comments: