Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Well That's Cool

Getting a new phone with a new carrier always leaves you with your old phone sitting around somewhat uselessly. There has always been the option of donating it to some charity that provides cell phones for the homeless (OK it isn't really that bad), but I'd rather have cold, hard cash. I found the link for Second Rotation on some page, I can't remember where, but I decided to check it out.

I did some reading, checked out some reviews, and found out, lo and behold, that there is a market for this stuff. Second Rotation takes in used electronics, refurbs them as necessary and resells them. When they can't release the product back out into the wild, they recycle it appropriately. Pretty cool, especially when I end up with $74 for something I would have had no idea what to do with otherwise.

Ah . . . springtime . . . even though everybody I know has recently ended a relationship or two, love is in the air, the cycle continues, at least according to the chalk arrow trail I followed with Dempsey through the park this morning. Apparently somebody wants to go to the prom with Erin, what do you say Erin? Pictures to follow if the heartless goons don't get to the message first.

I am planning to hit the Koppenberg course this afternoon with Pinkerton and Hutchison. The forecast for the weekend is getting worse, or better depending on how you look at it. Chances are improving for cold, windy, wet, muddy pain.

No comments: