Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Losing Time

Whatever the rational is behind DST is, I blame it for me losing a day yesterday. I managed to make it through almost the entire day thinking that it was Tuesday instead of Monday. Time warps are confusing especially when people start throwing around "tomorrow" loosely, not knowing your altered perception of time.

I got outside to ride yesterday afternoon as planned thanks to extra daylight. Amazing how it all affects the way people act and dress. A week ago, nobody would entertain the possibility of sitting outside on a patio at a restaurant for happy hour or an early dinner. Last night the patio at Lola was in full swing and packed, creating plenty of opportunity of self induced embarrassment. It changed the atmosphere significantly, but the service still honked inside. I need to do some serious research for an alternate spot for Monday evening gatherings. Recommendations are welcome.

It is still too dark in the morning to take the camera out to document things while the rest of the world is still sleeping, but across the street the majority of the hole has been backfilled and plumbing undergrounds are in place. If I were a betting man, I'd say framing will begin by the end of the week or early next week.

No comments: